Better Strategies for Monetizing Digital Offerings: Thinking Out of the Box while Looking across Industry Silos
Introduction: Dr. Howard Morgan, Co-Founder and Partner, First Round Capital
Monetizing digital offerings is a continuing challenge. Advertising can generally generate only some of the revenue required, so customer payments appear to remain essential for most businesses. Freemium was a good starting point, and now soft pay walls are being tested. Shifting music and film from purchase to subscription is emerging as a sea change.
Paul Smurl, Vice President, NYTimes.com
Shawn Price, President, Zuora.com
Betsy Morgan, President, TheBlaze.com
Richard Reisman, President, Teleshuttle Corporation
What else is new? What can be applied across verticals? Do we need to rethink the value proposition and customer relationship? How successful are strategies to apply social influence and “pay what you want”?
This panel discussion looks broadly at how content businesses such as publishing, music, and video are transforming themselves to achieve economic viability:
Among the issues discussed:
– What strategies are they adopting?
– What can these verticals learn from one-another?
– Do new transaction platform services create new opportunities?
– How far out of the box can solutions go?
– Dr. Howard Morgan, Co-Founder and Partner, First Round Capital
– Betsy Morgan, President, TheBlaze.com
– Shawn Price, President, Zuora.com
– Richard Reisman, President, Teleshuttle Corporation
– Paul Smurl, Vice President, NYTimes.com